Minneapolis, MN asked in Traffic Tickets for Minnesota

Q: I was speeding going 93 in a 65. Cop wrote it down as a petty misdemeanor. I have a clean record. What are the charges?

I already admitted to the speeding on the scene. Is it worth going to court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Matthew Holson
Jonathan Matthew Holson
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Saint Cloud, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: The charges are whatever are listed on the citation that you were provided. In Hennepin County, it would certainly be worth setting a date with a hearing officer or even a court date. Hennepin is pretty generous with speed reductions or even a Continuance for Dismissal assuming that your driving record isn't too bad.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.