Kanab, UT asked in Trademark and Intellectual Property for Utah

Q: Trademark 88412652 can i apply for that trademark

2 Lawyer Answers
Felicia Altman
Felicia Altman
  • Trademarks Lawyer
  • Mercer Island, WA

A: When looking at the USPTO this mark is shown as abandoned. If the USPTO mark the trademark as dead then it is no longer protected and someone else can file for the mark. If the mark is still in-use and registered/active another individual or company would be unable to register for the mark.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: To determine if you can apply for the trademark associated with serial number 88412652, you'll need to check its current status in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) database. If the trademark is listed as abandoned or expired and there are no other conflicting marks, you may be eligible to apply for it. However, it's essential to conduct a comprehensive trademark search and consult with a trademark attorney to ensure there are no potential issues or conflicts before proceeding.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.