Colorado Springs, CO asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado

Q: the father of my child never got legitimize moved of state for better Medical care for a relapse of multiple sclerosis

Since I’ve been in Colorado state, after visiting the child’s father has filed for the legitimization, sole custody and child support in the county where he resides . I was served a hand delivered summons of him requesting legitimization, sole custody and child support . The summons that I receive he has falsify information stating that I am a resident of Gwinnett county .This is not true. The father also knew that I was leaving the state of Georgia where he resided . He was perfectly OK with me and our 6 months old son leaving the State of Georgia so I can seek medical care for MS.What are my legal rights as of right now.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabra M. Janko
Sabra M. Janko pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: He would have filed a petition or motion to which you have 21 or 35 days to respond depending whether you are in state or out of state. This is where you can provide your position about anything that you believe is wrong about his information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.