Denver, CO asked in Contracts, Tax Law, Admiralty / Maritime and Gov & Administrative Law for Colorado

Q: What motion to the courts would be filed to obtain financials of accounting, ledgers, tax ID, of cash only bond put up?

100k for one individual another 100k for another individual court bonds and 10grand for another cash only court bond for tax purposes

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Colorado, if you're looking to obtain financial records related to court bonds, such as accounting ledgers or tax ID information, you might consider filing a "Motion for Discovery" or "Motion to Compel Disclosure." These motions are generally used to request specific information from another party during litigation. Remember that the court will need a valid reason to grant your motion. Simply wanting the records may not be sufficient; you'll generally need to demonstrate why the records are relevant to your case or necessary for your tax compliance. Once the motion is filed, the court will typically schedule a hearing where both parties can present their arguments before a judge. The judge will then decide whether to grant the motion and, if so, what records must be disclosed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.