Thomaston, GA asked in Family Law for Georgia

Q: I have temporary guardianship of my nephew, the birth mother has petitioned to get him back. What types of information s

What types of information should I include in the letter of objection?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Georgia, when writing a letter of objection to retain temporary guardianship of your nephew, focus on key elements like the child's well-being under your care, the stable environment you provide, and any concerns about the birth mother's situation that could affect the child negatively. Document any issues like neglect or abuse that led to the guardianship, and consider including expert testimonies that support your case.

Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I would advise you to speak with an attorney to determine how to respond to the petition to terminate your guardianship. If you would like for the children to remain with you, then hiring an attorney is your best option to responding to this case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.