Castile, NY asked in Divorce and Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Ex got house in divorce but im responsible for mortgage she's on deed not mortgage been seven years.

Now she wants me to Fill new paperwork out stating if I pass away the house goes to her why would she need that?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: She doesn’t need that. The special warranty deed you signed at the time of your divorce already conveys 100% ownership of the house to her.

You might want to investigate if the deed work from your divorce case was properly recorded. It sounds like someone thinks the house is still recorded in your name. That could cause you trouble in the future with taxes, utilities, easements etc

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.