Independence, MO asked in Criminal Law for Missouri

Q: What class felony is aggravated escape if you walk away from work in Kansas, legal job in free world.

It was new century in Johnson county and they allow you to go on the streets and work she just didn't go back

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Aggravated escape is a class C felony in Kansas. However, walking away from a legal job in the free world is not aggravated escape. Aggravated escape is defined as escaping from custody while held on a charge, conviction of, or arrest for a felony, or while being held as a sexually violent predator. Walking away from a job is simply quitting, which is not a crime. Even if the employee was under contract, quitting is not considered a breach of contract in Kansas. For personalized legal advice tailored to your unique circumstances, it's advisable to consult with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.