Memphis, TN asked in Car Accidents for Tennessee

Q: GM, Can you tell me how to challenge the decision of a reindictment in a drunk driving and drug driving case.

Who would I submit the documentation to? I was a victim of a drug driving and drunk driving case where prosecutor wants to indict me but the accident was not my fault the driver was driving erratic driving and brake checking. I have a video where the motorcyclist was partying smoking blunts prior to the accident and his BAC was .167 and was tested for marijuana and positive for marijuana in a system impaired with both over the legal limit.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You use your evidence to defend yourself when you are charged by warrant or indictment. Give that evidence to your lawyer you hired. You cannot prevent the Grand Jury returning a true bill.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.