Asked in Traffic Tickets for Missouri

Q: Do I have to go to court for a minor traffic ticket?

So I got two tickets one for no plates and failure to register vehicle. I was able to pay one ticket on casenet but the other ticket isn’t allowing that option for the no plates. Does that mean I have to show up to the court date ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrea Rogers
Andrea Rogers
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Eureka, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: If the ticket is for a non-moving, no-point infraction (such as Failure to Register a Vehicle), you can go to Missouri Casenet online and pay the fine, and you won't have any points added to your driving record, and it won't affect your insurance rates.

For the 2nd ticket, you can look up the charge code (listed at the bottom of your ticket) online or call the court clerk to confirm if that ticket is a moving violation. If it's a moving violation, you can hire a traffic ticket lawyer to get the ticket amended to a non-moving, no-point infraction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.