Mobile, AL asked in Personal Injury for Florida

Q: Im disabled how do I file a case against a transportation company leaving me stranded for 6 hours?

I have Asthma/COPD being outside in the heat caused me to have chest pains and shortness of breath for 4 days.Im type 2 insulin dependent diabetic and my sugar was dropping while waiting on transportation.I needed to get some food or something sweet to bring my sugar up. Not being able to go get food or something sweet I became dizzy with nausea feeling tired,shaking and seeing eye floaters .I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis its a medical condtion that affect my spine and all joints and muscles with stiffness and pain. Walking,standing and sitting made things worse for me. The doctors office was closing so I had to sit outside on the ground and rest against the building in the heat in pain waiting for transportation to pick me up, they never came and they said they didnt have anyone to come get me. So they just left me there in Lillian,Alabama but I live in Pensacola,Florida

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: I'm sorry to hear about your distressing experience. To file a case, you should consider the following steps:

1. Document everything: record dates, times, and details of the incident, including any communications with the transportation company.

2. Seek medical attention immediately for any health complications, and keep all records of medical visits, treatments, or medications related to the incident.

3. Consult with an attorney who has experience in personal injury or disability rights.

4. Provide your attorney with all documentation, medical records, and any potential witness contact information.

5. Determine if the transportation company has breached any contractual obligations or violated any local, state, or federal laws pertaining to accessibility or discrimination against persons with disabilities.

6. Send a demand letter to the transportation company outlining the incident and your damages.

7. If no resolution is reached, your attorney can help you initiate a formal lawsuit.

8. Throughout the process, communicate with your attorney regularly and provide any additional information they may need.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your ordeal. A starting point could be to reach out to attorneys to try to arrange a free initial consult. If you have medical records related to the event, they would be helpful to an attorney evaluating your matter. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.