Snellville, GA asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Georgia

Q: Can you help me put into words what I should write for the motion of temporary hearing?

Hello, I am filing my own divorce paperwork. I am trying to file a motion for temporary hearing for child custody and am having a hard time trying to articulate my words to put on the form. It has been 4 months and my soon to be ex husband is not allowing me to see my child. He has sent me numerous messages demanding me to give up my parental rights in exchange for being able to see my child. How do I put this on paper?

1 Lawyer Answer
Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Unfortunately we cannot write out your argument for a temporary hearing in this forum. It is best that you hire an attorney to represent you because they would have likely filed this motion months ago or tried to come to an agreement with the opposing party on your behalf. If you cannot hire an attorney, you will have to explain your reasons for wanting a hearing and the relief you are seeking. But it’s definitely best that you speak to a lawyer. And although you may not think you can afford one, some of us will work with your budget on payment arrangements. Good luck to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.