Nashville, TN asked in Real Estate Law and Probate for Tennessee

Q: A judge ignores a recorded phone conversation that contradicts the opposing party's claim in Probate. What should I do?

The opposing party in a Probate case claims they have made contributions to property taxes for the last 20 years. I was able to provide a recorded conversation between myself and the party, in which the party admitted that they withdrew their help/contributions 27 years ago. I always thought that credibility or lack thereof held weight. I presented the recording, as well as receipts reflecting my payments for the 20 years discussed.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Your lawyer needs to object to the Clerk& Master's Report or appeal the Chancellor's ruling. This assumes that the property taxes were in sufficient amounts that it affects the Estate's other beneficiaries. Your recording may not have the legal impact on the Probate Case you think it does. If you do not have an attorney, then hire one.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.