Jesup, GA asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Domestic Violence and Federal Crimes for Georgia

Q: How do I know that I will be safe? He’s going to kill me.

Ex husband placed gun TO my forehead threaten to kill me, I was pregnant and all my children in the home I had three other children I called the sheriffs depart or 911 they came out, met with my ex-husband and said that they were not going to make an arrest on him, even though he admitted on pulling the weapon and placing it to my head and threaten to kill me and my children my nanny was there at the house standing next to us and actually defuse the situation and was able to get me inside safely, this isn’t the first incident of assault with a deadly weapon that the sheriffs department did not do anything about it and I begged and pleaded for them to do something about it and they refused. My ex husband left the premises. The Sheriff made contact with me at my house in the garage. We had a discussion. He Deputy actually wrote that he admitted to doing such things and that he still refuse to arrest him. What do I do? Where is my justice? What if I press charges they don’t do anything

1 Lawyer Answer
Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: That is INSANE!!! I cant believe it! Is there another law enforcement agency in your county such as a local police agency?

The GBI is the next step if the locals wont do anything, thats nuts!! You may also want to call the press, but really a local lawyer should get involved at that point. It doesn't make any sense!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.