Delta, PA asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Florida

Q: Exploding Vape Battery burns- How do I find a reputable attorney w/ successful experience w/ vape battery explosion case

My father is in hospital with 3rd degree degree burns to his hand, torso, and some 2nd degree on his thigh, which he sustained when the battery in his vape exploded in his hand on his way to an appointment.

Doctors said battery chemicals are toxic, he is in terrible of pain, the burns are horrific. It hurts to look at. We are shocked, how could this could even happen?

We dont know what his recovery and treatment will look like. Will he be able to use his hand? How do we prevent this happening to someone else? We don't even know if it's safe to touch or enter his car and have no idea who to ask.

How do we begin to get answers to these questions? Do we need to get an attorney? If so, how do we find a reputable and competent attorney experienced in things like this, when there are thousands in the state? I don't want my folks to be preyed upon.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry for your father's injuries. Hiring an attorney is an individual decision. However, product liability cases can be complex, and can involve the need for technical or scientific expert opinions to prosecute. I'd recommend reaching out to attorneys to try to arrange a free initial consult with no obligation. If this has impacted others and has evolved into a multi-district litigation, as product liability cases sometimes do, an attorney could explain the benefits of moving forward with counsel. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.