Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Louisiana

Q: We have a mobile home in my moms park. It has been abandoned for 4/5 years. We have no idea how to get in touch with any

How do we take possession or move home if we don’t know where owners are or if they still own it

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: To address the issue of an abandoned mobile home on your mother's property, it is necessary to follow the legal procedures set forth by the state of Louisiana.

First, you should attempt to locate the owner using any available contact information, and if that fails, you may need to place a notice in a local newspaper. If the owner does not respond within the timeframe specified by state law, you can then proceed with filing a petition with the local court to request a judgment awarding ownership or the right to dispose of the property.

Consulting with an attorney may be beneficial to navigate the process and ensure that all legal protocols are adhered to. It is important to avoid taking possession of or moving the home without legal authority to avoid potential liability.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.