Lithia, FL asked in Business Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Florida

Q: What permits or licenses do I need in the state or Florida to sell candy under my own brand state to state online ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Raymond Schwantes
Joseph Raymond Schwantes
  • Cooper City, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Depending on the exact details of your business plan, you may need a Food Permit from the state Department of Agriculture, plus other basic permits and licenses for the establishment of a business such as a city and county business tax receipt. You may also want consider what type of business structure to establish, whether incorporate or form an LLC or whether registering a trademark on your brand is desirable.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.