Indianapolis, IN asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Indiana

Q: i was recently released to federal probation to federal parole on attempted hobbs act robbery and 924c tayler vs unite

getrid of unconstitutional convictions while on federal probation

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe your convictions were unconstitutional and you're currently on federal probation, you should consider seeking legal counsel to review your case. An attorney can evaluate the specifics of your situation and advise whether there are grounds for an appeal or a motion to vacate your sentence under case law.

Post-conviction relief can be complex, and it often requires thorough legal analysis and procedural steps that must be followed carefully.

It's also important to act promptly because appeals and similar actions are subject to strict time constraints. You might also want to discuss with your attorney the impact any actions could have on your current probation status. Keep in mind that success in these matters is never guaranteed, but the first step is always a detailed review of your case by a legal professional.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.