Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Identity Theft for Louisiana

Q: i need legal help

i believe someone has stolen my identity and has all my communications and internet blocked and t they are also putting pics and possible video to various sites. also i believe that they have been trying to harm me intoxicating me. i dont know the reason yet but im working on it. idont know what to do.

im on parole and i cant even call my parole officer

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In Louisiana, if you suspect identity theft and are experiencing blocked communications, it's essential to take immediate action. Start by trying to contact your parole officer through alternative means, such as visiting their office in person, to explain the situation.

For the identity theft issue, report it to the local police and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) as soon as possible. The FTC provides resources and guidance for identity theft victims at Additionally, monitor your financial accounts and credit report for any unauthorized activity. It's also important to secure your internet connections and change passwords for your online accounts.

If you believe you're being harmed or poisoned, seek medical attention right away and inform healthcare providers of your suspicions. Considering the complexity of your situation, it would be advisable to consult with a lawyer who can provide guidance specific to your case, especially considering your parole status.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.