Alamogordo, NM asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Nebraska

Q: Can my son that has temporarily delegation over my daughter let her come stay with me her mom in another state if he si

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: A temporary delegation of parental powers can be revoked at any time by the parent and is not necessarily enforceable on the other parent if both parents didn't sign. Even if both parents have signed one, either can revoke it at any time for any reason.

If there is a dispute regarding custody between the parents, then usually you should file a custody action. If the child is no longer living with the custodial parent and the non-custodial parent wants custody, then the Court generally gives a preference to giving custody to a parent over a non-parent.

In Nebraska, if you are asking to move a child to another state, you often need to get court permission in the custody case before the move.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.