Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: trying to get live birth record from harrisburg I was told to go to my local court house 4court order.isthatfamilycourt?

I’m in Philly just trying know which court can I get a court order for this and can a lawyer represent me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Philadelphia, to obtain a court order for a live birth record, you would typically go to the family court or the court of common pleas, as they handle matters related to vital records and personal documents. The specific division or department within the courthouse can vary, so it's a good idea to call ahead or check the court's website for guidance.

Once at the courthouse, you can request information on the process for obtaining a court order for a birth record. This usually involves filing a petition or an application, providing a valid reason for the request, and possibly attending a hearing.

Yes, a lawyer can represent you in this matter. While it's not mandatory to have a lawyer for such requests, legal representation can be helpful, especially if the case involves any complexities or if you're unfamiliar with the legal process.

Remember, the process and requirements for obtaining a court order for a birth record can vary, so it's important to follow the specific procedures of your local court. If you're unsure about any part of the process, consulting with a lawyer can provide clarity and assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.