Atlanta, GA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Domestic Violence and Sexual Harassment for Georgia

Q: I need an Attorney to call the Fulton County Sheriff's dept to see if there's Felony Warrants coming from Escambia Fl.

11/19/2023 Hello. I have a group of Africans that stole my identity claiming they own me. They forged fraudulent paperwork claiming they're married to me,claiming they're my financial responsibility. Claiming they own me. I found out they all served 20 years at Century Correctional Institution Escambia Fla , they've failed to report to their parole officers. I need an Attorney to call Fulton County Sheriff dept to see if any warrants are coming out of Escambia County Sheriff Dept for their arrest ! These people are making money off me since 7/2022, I have DeKalb County Police case #'s , they aren't doing anything, these people have tried Attempted Murder on me !;

2 Lawyer Answers

A: You need to telephone criminal defense attorneys in your locale. You can search for qualified attorneys on this website b

Joshua Schiffer
Joshua Schiffer
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Roswell, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It doesn't quite work like that but you certainly need to pursue the folks trying to harm you. Since you are a victim of the fraud you need to make the appropriate reports with the appropriate authorities, as different agencies have different obligations/duties and are not going to be able to provide the remedy you seek. Since you have a DeKalb case number already, it may be a good idea to start there with a detective, as if it becomes multijurisdictional they will need to assist with coordination. Its a hard process, especially as a victim, but it is worth it to stop the fraud and abuse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.