Miami, FL asked in Estate Planning for Florida

Q: Does my mom need a lawyer from P.R. to find out if her deceased brother had a will or any assets, especially his house?

This is what she texted , saber que cantidad tiene en El banco yo Tengo Toda information del banco pero no me quiere dar information SI

no por abogado. La propiedad a nombre de quin esta y pasarla a nombre mia yo Tengo Toda information.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anita Nguyen
Anita Nguyen pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • West Palm Beach, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Your mother can ask her deceased brother's relatives if the brother has an existing Will or Trust. If the family members refuse to share this information, it would be advisable for your mother to seek legal assistance. A lawyer can help verify the existence of a Will or Trust, determine if any assets would be given to your mother, and establish her rights to inherit from her deceased brother. It is advised that you immediately seek advice from a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.