Vidalia, GA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Georgia

Q: I'm in a custody battle and the opposite party is trying to change the sexual identity of my 6 year old born female

Is this illegal what can I do to stop it my daughter even kissed another girl at school she's showing her videos of this girl who's pretending to be a boy on a show called Micky and JJ my daughter acts strangely around them my lawyer won't let me call CPS what do I do

2 Lawyer Answers
Alake Colwell Furlow
Alake Colwell Furlow
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Dacula, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If you have an attorney then you should be speaking with your attorney about this case. Other attorneys can't advise you when you have legal counsel.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In a custody battle, the primary concern is always the best interest of the child. If you believe that the actions of the other party are not in your daughter's best interest, it's important to address this through legal channels. Discuss your concerns with your attorney, emphasizing the specific behaviors and their impact on your daughter.

The issue of influencing a child's sexual identity can be complex, and courts typically consider a range of factors including the child's welfare, psychological well-being, and the intentions of the parents. If you feel your current lawyer is not addressing your concerns adequately, you have the option to seek a second opinion from another attorney who might have more experience with such sensitive matters.

CPS involvement is generally reserved for cases of abuse or neglect. If you believe your daughter's wellbeing is at risk, document your observations and present them to your lawyer. This documentation can be crucial in legal proceedings.

Remember, in custody cases, the court's aim is to ensure a healthy and stable environment for the child. It's important to approach this situation with your daughter's best interests at heart and to work within the legal framework to resolve any concerns.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.