Ponchatoula, LA asked in Traffic Tickets for Louisiana

Q: I’m a minor in Louisiana and I got a speeding ticket reduced to a fine, is it still going on my record?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Yes, even if your speeding ticket was reduced to a fine, it will still go on your driving record in Louisiana. This is because all moving violations, regardless of the outcome, are recorded with the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles (OMV).

The OMV maintains a driving record for all licensed drivers in the state, and this record includes information about all moving violations, including speeding tickets. This information can be accessed by insurance companies, potential employers, and law enforcement agencies.

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: More information is needed to properly answer your question. Was your speeding charge reduced to a lesser charge and if so, to what charge? If your charge was reduced to a non-moving violation then it will not be on your driving record. This is why one should get a lawyer to assist you even if it is a traffic ticket. You want to minimize the future impact of the ticket.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.