Glenwood Springs, CO asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law and Small Claims for Colorado

Q: My vehicle was stolen, crashed and then returned the next day. Am I entitled to a rental car?

The driver is an unlicensed teen. I did not press charges which means I cannot really go through insurance without affecting my rates. I am allowing the driver to pay the repair out of pocket so as not to create a criminal record. They are agreeing to pay the repairs but refusing to pay for loss of use of my vehicle or a rental car for me to use.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: Yes. Loss of use is a valid damage recoverable from an at-fault driver.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.