Oregon City, OR asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Oregon

Q: Can I file for Temporary parenting time orders until the final judgement is decided? I'm the petitioner and father.

I filed a petition for parenting time and child support for my daughter who is 2. Her mother was extremely bitter after we separated. Its been a year this month, and I have consistently seen my daughter and have paid her child support each month consistently. I began dating someone this last June, and she now is becoming super difficult to coparent with. She at first required that we spend time with our daughter together, now she requires that she is present for all the parenting time until she thinks we have a "bond", and hovers over me when i spend time with her. I am not a criminal, no history of substance abuse, I work as a Journeyman Operator on powerlines and have owned my current home for over 7 years. I have full custody of my first son who is 14 and every other weekend with my daughter who is 8. Can I request temp orders until this is figured out? Can she mandate these supervised visits done by her?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Leskin
Steven Leskin pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You can ask the court for interim custody, child support and parenting time. You don't say which county you are in or how long ago you filed your Petition. You might call the family law docketing clerk and ask when you will get a trial or when you might get a hearing on temporary custody. It may or may not make sense to move forward with a hearing for temporary custody/support just based on the calendar.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.