Warrington, PA asked in Collections for Pennsylvania

Q: I settled with a debt collector money order never arrived at the destination

I settled with a debt collector years back sent in a money order never arrived at the destination when I sent the money order at usps it was in transit for months and I just never followed up on it how would I go about resolving this for the amount that we settled upon or do I have to pay the full amount I have proof that I sent it if that helps

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Boyertown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Based upon what has been reported to us as bankruptcy counsel, our best advice is to deal directly with whatever creditor is pursuing you. The "collector" charges a fee for its service, and that fee is passed along to you, whether disclosed or not.

You should be able to get your $$ returned from whoever sold you that money order, if you have proof of purchase.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.