Baker City, OR asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Probate for Oregon

Q: I need advice from a Lawyers point of view on a Petition for General Judgement of Final Distributions case.

I really don't know where to begin, there is too much to type. My mother passed away a little over 2 years ago. I was told her and her husband had a will then they said they didn't and then they did again. My mother had 4 children and her husband has 3. They have not been around but maybe a handful of times out of there whole married life which was almost 30 years. They went through all my mother's belongings and took what they wanted and disposed of stuff before us 4 children got to look through anything. There is alot more I just really need to speak to someone PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Lawyer Answer
Karn Thapar
Karn Thapar
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Folsom, CA
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: You will need to seek the counsel of a litigator who has experience with probate. The distributions in a probate happen near the end of probate proceedings and if there is a conflict or contest with respect to the will, that is where the experience of a litigator will help. The amount of time which someone has been around is irrelevant so long as the will is valid.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.