Ogden, UT asked in Adoption for Utah

Q: Can I be adopted by my living biological mother since my adoption in Iowa at age 3 cannot be overturned??

I was placed in foster care in September 1983, after my biological father xxx, along with his sister Deborah Zumwalt and his sister in law xx lied to a corrupt young CPS investigator in Iowa, accusing my biological mother of drunkenness, illicit drug use etc., even though my biological father has a criminal record and had a criminal record for possession of drugs and paraphernalia at the time. My mother was not allowed the chance to defend herself and the investigator made his bonus for taking me, and it was all sealed airtight. My adoptive parents both drank alcohol and got high themselves both when I was a foster child and after adoption. My mother Paula was lied to as well from the IA Dept of Social/ Human Services telling Paula if she signed me over to the State, I would be going to a doctor and a nurse. My adoptive mother had barely a high school diploma and my adoptive father had an 8th grade education. My mother Paula has a 10th grade education.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jason F. Barnes
Jason F. Barnes
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Kaysville, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: The short answer is, "Maybe". There are factors that need to be addressed and then it is all up to a judge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.