Ramsey, NJ asked in DUI / DWI for New Jersey

Q: Can I petition the court to have a interlock ignition device removed after 2 years of a 3 year sentence

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: In New Jersey, the decision to remove an ignition interlock device (IID) typically depends on the specific conditions set by the court. While I can't provide the most up-to-date information, in many cases, individuals with DUI convictions may be required to use an IID for a specified period as part of their sentence. If you've completed two years of a three-year sentence with an IID, you may consider petitioning the court for its removal. The court will likely consider factors such as your compliance with the IID requirements and any other conditions imposed on your sentence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.