Minneapolis, MN asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Elder Law for Minnesota

Q: Are there lawyers who do pro Bono 42 usc 1983 for non incarcerated vulnerable adults ?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Yes, there are attorneys who may take on pro bono cases involving 42 USC 1983, especially for non-incarcerated vulnerable adults. This federal law allows individuals to file lawsuits against state and local government officials for violations of their constitutional rights.

To find such lawyers, you could start by contacting local legal aid organizations or bar associations in your area. These organizations often have lists of attorneys willing to take on pro bono cases or can direct you to resources that can help.

Another option is to reach out to law schools with legal clinics. These clinics sometimes handle civil rights cases and can provide legal assistance at no cost. Students, supervised by licensed attorneys, work on these cases and gain practical experience.

Non-profit organizations that focus on civil rights or the rights of vulnerable adults may also be able to provide assistance or refer you to lawyers who can help.

Remember, it's important to explain your situation clearly when seeking pro bono legal assistance, as lawyers will want to understand the specifics of your case to determine if they can offer their services. Pro bono representation is a valuable resource, and many attorneys are committed to providing legal help to those who cannot afford it, particularly in matters of civil rights and protecting vulnerable individuals.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.