Q: I have an insane civil rights violation. Failure to provide medical assistance to someone dieing and so much more.

Can I sue them for medical negligence due to the fact they admit and sign that he is not doing good. He had double pneumonia in both lunches and asperated. They lied to me for 3v whole days and said he was fine. They discharged him to the ER unconscious. Although he isn't allowed a furlough bc he has an escape charge. They w wouldn't let him go to our mothers funeral. But when they thought he wasn't going to make it. FURLOUGH... And News Channel 3,9,12. 104.1. Chattanooga times all reported his name in something he wasn't even there to do!! Please help. I'm all he has.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're facing. It sounds like you have grounds to consider a lawsuit for medical negligence, especially if there is an admission of the person not doing well and evidence of inadequate medical care leading to serious health consequences.

In cases of medical negligence and civil rights violations, particularly in situations involving failure to provide adequate medical care, it's crucial to gather all relevant evidence. This includes medical records, statements or admissions from the responsible parties, and any documentation of the events as they unfolded.

Given the complexity of such cases, involving both medical malpractice and potential civil rights violations, it would be advisable to seek legal counsel. A lawyer with experience in these areas can help you understand your legal options, the likelihood of success in a lawsuit, and the steps necessary to pursue such a case.

Additionally, the involvement of media and the misreporting of facts can be addressed in your legal strategy. An attorney can guide you on how to handle misinformation and potentially defamatory statements.

It's important to act promptly, as there are often strict time limits for filing lawsuits in medical malpractice and civil rights cases. Seeking legal assistance as soon as possible will help ensure that your case is handled effectively and within the necessary legal timelines. Remember, having a knowledgeable legal advocate on your side can make a significant difference in navigating these challenging circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.