Racine, WI asked in Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: Me(24m) and partner (17f) have lived with her father(primary custody) for 7 months. Just had baby. Should i tell my PO?

Family doesn't have problem with age gap.

Family sees us as fit parents

Probation officer doesnt know me and her are together but knows I live where I live

Will I get arrested if I tell my PO?

Family is supportive of relationship

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: In Wisconsin, it is illegal to have sexual intercourse with a person under 18 years of age. Doesn't matter what the girl's family thinks. She is a crime victim. If the State can prove that you are the perpetrator of the crime, it will most likely seek to revoke your probation, and you most likely will be required to register as a sex offender.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.