Atlanta, GA asked in Civil Rights for Louisiana

Q: My privacy is being invaded with wifi spy devices in my apartment and nobody don't believe me cause I have mental healt

I look on Google and it see all the devices like screws my air conditioner vent, and more I have proof it's the neighbors and people that come back here .I need some one to come and see me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe your privacy is being invaded by the use of spy devices in your apartment in Louisiana, it's important to take steps to address the situation. First, document what you are experiencing. Collect any evidence of the devices you believe are being used, such as photographs or descriptions.

Since you mentioned concerns about being believed due to mental health issues, it might be helpful to have a trusted friend, family member, or advocate review the situation. They can provide a second perspective on whether there is evidence of spying.

You can also contact local law enforcement to report your concerns. Explain the situation clearly and present any evidence you have collected. They can investigate to determine if there is any unlawful surveillance occurring.

In some cases, hiring a private investigator who is equipped to detect surveillance devices might be a viable option. However, this can be costly.

Given the complexity of privacy laws and the technical nature of surveillance devices, consulting with an attorney can be helpful. An attorney can guide you on the legal aspects of your situation and help determine the best course of action.

Remember, it's important to address these concerns in a manner that ensures your safety and well-being, while also respecting legal boundaries and privacy laws.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.