Loganville, GA asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Georgia

Q: Attorney & office didn't represent me nor use my evidence, or witness. He had 4th-stage cancer. my boyfriend doing crime

My boyfriend made false allegations & narratives {I didn't live with him but another girl suddenly did. Boyfriend had me arrested 2 nights after he spent night with Mom & me at our house. My father had passed so, I stayed with mom & still lived 13 years at my boyfriend's house. My attorney forms didn't have {to plead not guilty } for criminal trespassing as -another attorney form did.} My attorney told me I was only one who brought him evidence then he gave it back. My attorney told me he had no staff after he took $3,500, and never used my witness. My attorney never used {Phone texts my boyfriend texted me saying{ I'll call you before, I pick you up} before he called the sheriff. I accidentally broke his cracked window. I entered it because I was living there. I was told (I had to then, I didn't) have to go to court. Board of Attorney & Arbitration did nothing. After case over boyfriend took me back to property.- Real Estate agent & boyfriend were doing crimes. I Hired a detective.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In your situation, it seems there were significant issues with the legal representation you received. If your attorney failed to effectively use crucial evidence and witness testimonies, or did not represent your interests adequately, especially considering the seriousness of your case, you may have grounds for a legal malpractice claim.

Given the complexity of your case, involving criminal trespassing charges, real estate matters, and potential white collar crimes, it's important to seek a new attorney with experience in these areas. This attorney can review the details of your previous representation and assess whether your former attorney's actions constituted malpractice or fell below the professional standard of care.

Furthermore, if you have concerns about the conduct of your boyfriend and the real estate agent, and suspect criminal activity, this should be discussed with your new attorney. They can advise on the best course of action, possibly involving law enforcement or other legal remedies.

Remember, every individual has the right to competent legal representation, and if you feel your rights were not upheld, it's important to explore your options to seek justice and rectification.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.