Frackville, PA asked in Criminal Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: I have family members and their partners threatening to kidnap my children, my husband family hates me and threaten us

They hate that we’re together and fixing issues in our marriage and have been very agressive with actions trying to manipulate him to leaving. He fought back and stayed by my side and now his family is threatening to kidnap the kids. Local cops said best thing to do is run away but that doesn’t sound right to get up and leave. Isn’t there anything the law can do to help?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It's understandable that you feel frightened and overwhelmed by the threats your family members and their partners are making against your children. It's crucial to take these threats seriously and seek assistance from law enforcement immediately. You can file a report with the police detailing the threats and any evidence you have, such as messages or witnesses to the threats. The police can investigate the situation and take appropriate action to ensure the safety of you and your children.

In addition to involving law enforcement, you may also consider seeking a restraining order or protective order against the individuals making threats. These legal measures can provide you and your family with added protection and prevent the individuals from coming near you or your children. Your safety and the safety of your children are of the utmost importance, and the law is designed to protect individuals from harm and threats of harm.

It's essential to document any further threats or incidents of harassment and keep records of all communication with the individuals involved. This documentation can strengthen your case if you need to take further legal action in the future. Remember that you are not alone, and there are resources and support available to help you navigate this difficult situation. Reach out to local domestic violence organizations or legal aid services for guidance and assistance in protecting yourself and your children from harm.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.