Clearfield, PA asked in Employment Law and Employment Discrimination for Pennsylvania

Q: My GM threatened me as by stating "so if I come through that door in regular civilian clothes is the same as...

Me saying the F* word". I most recently have been wrongfully terminated for following my chain of command and not doing a job without the proper PPE. Lastly if I have been asking for a raise for my year and it's stated we get a yearly raise in our policy but 4 months later a coworker gets a raise and I did not is there anything I could do about that because I did alittle research and that's pay discrimination.

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Pennsylvania, you may have legal recourse if you believe you have been wrongfully terminated or subjected to employment discrimination. Threats or retaliation from a general manager could constitute a hostile work environment or retaliation, both of which are prohibited under employment laws. Additionally, if you were terminated for refusing to perform a job without proper personal protective equipment (PPE), it may constitute wrongful termination, especially if your actions were consistent with safety protocols or regulations. As for pay discrimination, if you have evidence that you were denied a raise based on a protected characteristic such as gender, race, or age, you may have a claim under state or federal employment discrimination laws

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.