Sewell, NJ asked in Estate Planning, Family Law and Personal Injury for Pennsylvania

Q: Need help. My babies were put in kinship, across state lines, with their uncle who broke fiduciary oaths..

After my fiancee was killed ($250,000 wrongful death payout cannot currently be accounted for), his brother used loopholes to take all of my family's assets, sabotage a CPS case, and then have my (1 and 3 year old babies) placed in his custody. Vehicles he sued me out of led to lost visitation, and when CPS sent my kids to stay with him, he proceeded to sell my land and house with me in it. I am now homeless, and going to die in the streets after travelling 7 hours to the county where my kids were placed. I need so much help, can somebody please save my family?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter Christopher Lomtevas
Peter Christopher Lomtevas pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Schenectady, NY
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: In Pennsylvania, there are very many judicial tricks one can pull to deprive a loved one of money, property and family. Using certain words that trigger judicial reaction based on a policy or an assumption about the public will work wonders. The simple act of filing petitions and not serving the defendant also works wonders. There are numerous cliches and policies at the superior court that one can use to fleece loved ones.

However, this asker doesn't give us enough material to analyze what happened to her. There is a maelstrom of acts against her, but nothing in terms of what legal steps the decedent's brother did to clean out the asker. These would be fascinating to look into as there are vast numbers of Pennsylvania citizens undergoing the same problems as this asker, and no one ever took a hard look into why.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.