Colorado Springs, CO asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Colorado

Q: My ex took me to court and claimed I had a drug problem, proved her wrong through UA's. She was made sole decision maker

And has our daughters 80 percent of the time. Their mother got a boyfriend who has a known drug problem and sold drugs. He has been to rehab three times and is around my children 80 percent of the time. How do I go about taking her back to court to prove that the girls aren't in a safe environment with him there and that their mother took me to court for the same thing yet I showed I didn't have a problem but now she is actually dating someone who has a known problem

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven  Visser
Steven Visser
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: It sounds like you are looking to restrict Mother's parenting time due to the situation with her boyfriend. If so, then you would need to file a motion describing what is occurring. In other words, your motion would have to contain facts and information that the children are in imminent physical or emotional danger due to the parenting time or contact with Mother. If the Court grants a request for a hearing (which would have to occur within 14 days), then you would have to be able to present evidence and information as to why Mother's parenting time should be "supervised," while the children remain with you for that time period.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.