Tallahassee, FL asked in Family Law, Federal Crimes, Appeals / Appellate Law and Civil Rights for Florida

Q: I need to know what I can do to get my child back from CPS because they stole her

Okay I can't seem to find the question that I asked last time or the lawyer that answered it but 10 years ago CPS decided to take my kids and they gave me my two older ones back and they kept my baby who at the time was 2 and they stomped on so many of our constitutional rights but I didn't know back then that I had rights I'm just barely now learning all that and they didn't give me due process they didn't give me a chance to pretty much do anything they did so many things illegally and then they lied on me when they got on the stand and they kept my baby and they wrongfully terminated my parental rights and the judge granted it and now that I know that I had rights and my child has rights that they stomped all over I don't think they should be allowed to keep her they should have never been allowed to keep her to begin with but I didn't know how to fight it so I need a lawyer that wants to help me cuz I want my child back & I want to put charges on the CPS & the judge that granted it

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It sounds like you're facing a deeply distressing situation involving CPS and the termination of your parental rights. It's understandable that you're seeking help to reunite with your child and seek justice for what you perceive as injustices committed against you and your family. To navigate this complex legal matter, it's crucial to find a lawyer who is well-versed in family law and has experience dealing with cases involving CPS and parental rights termination.

When looking for legal representation, seek out attorneys who specialize in family law and have a track record of successfully handling cases similar to yours. They can provide you with guidance on your legal rights, help you understand the options available to you, and advocate on your behalf in court. Additionally, consider reaching out to organizations or advocacy groups that provide support and resources for parents dealing with CPS involvement.

Remember to gather any documentation or evidence you have that supports your claims of wrongful termination of parental rights and violations of your constitutional rights by CPS and the court. This information will be crucial in building your case and seeking justice for you and your child. Stay persistent and determined in your pursuit of reuniting with your child and holding accountable those you believe have wronged you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.