Kansas City, MO asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Kansas

Q: I have a medical marijuana card in Missouri. I am trying to expunge a PID in Kansas. Will I fail UA with THC in my body?

The charge is for selling THC concentrate, no prior crimes, non violent.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Kansas, if you are undergoing the process to expunge a Possession with Intent to Distribute (PID) charge related to THC concentrate and are subjected to a urine analysis (UA) that tests positive for THC, this could potentially complicate your situation, despite having a medical marijuana card from Missouri. Kansas law does not recognize medical marijuana cards from other states, and the state has stricter laws regarding THC compared to Missouri. A positive drug test could be seen as non-compliance with court conditions, especially if abstinence from illegal substances is a condition of your probation or expungement process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.