Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Wisconsin

Q: I currently have child support lien on my vehicle I want to pay what I owe how do I get the title back for my car

Do I need attorney for this I asked county child support they are giving me a runaround

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Wisconsin, to remove a child support lien from your vehicle and get the title back after paying what you owe, you typically do not need an attorney. First, pay the outstanding amount to the county child support agency that issued the lien. After payment, the agency should provide you with a lien release document. You may need to contact them directly for specific instructions on obtaining this release if you're experiencing difficulty. Once you have the lien release, you can submit it to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to have the lien removed from your title.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.