Charlotte, NC asked in Civil Litigation for Georgia

Q: Does it seem correct to charge someone $1500 to write there ex husband a demand for money owed to her when house sales

Repayment for the remodeling done on house for it to sale. I want reimbursement and have receipts

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: In Georgia, charging $1,500 to draft a demand letter to an ex-husband for money owed from the sale of a house, specifically for reimbursement of remodeling expenses, can be considered reasonable depending on several factors. These factors include the complexity of the case, the amount of money involved, the lawyer's expertise and reputation, and the geographical location. Legal fees vary widely, and this fee might cover not only the drafting of the letter but also the initial consultation, review of the receipts and any agreements regarding the remodeling expenses, and the potential negotiation efforts following the demand.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.