Covington, TN asked in Legal Malpractice for Tennessee

Q: Since my attorney did not handle my case based on the Professional Rule of Conduct, do I have a malpractice suit?

My attorney did not re[prent me in court by refusing to cross examine my ex husband on the stand. Furthermore, he did not inform me of his surgery during the time of my case. His wife had recently passed as well. When I asked for my case file he yelled at me and hung up. How do I proceed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: It might be a case. Legal malpractice means that a lawyer violated the standard of care. A bad outcome is not enough. Consult with experienced legal malpractice attorneys in the state where this occurred.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.