Atlanta, GA asked in Car Accidents for Tennessee

Q: what's the best way to deal with the other party lying in a claim regarding a car accident?

I was driving straight on the right-hand side of the road, and the other individual in the Silverado exited a parking lot and made a left turn, resulting in a collision with the right-hand side of my car.

Both parties involved then got out of their cars and documented the incident by taking pictures. There is visible damage to the right-hand side of my car (as well as something internally wrong with my tire that was hit - enough damage that I was recommended not to drive it until I can get it fixed) as a result of the collision. An online police report was made.

After talking to the Silverado owner's insurance, giving my statement, etc...they just called me back saying they would pay for 80% and I would have to pay for 20% out of pocket due to "improper look out on my end" but i had no time to make adjustments as the other driver whipped out of the parking lot last minute because he wasn't looking.

How do I get this insurance company to pay 100% of the repairs?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Tennessee attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. One way would be to continue to negotiate or consider suit. Another would be to accept the offer if litigating the remaining 20% is not a cost-effective route. The best way? That would be an individual decision. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.