St. George, UT asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Utah

Q: If you roofie someone then coerce them to drive on the highway to ensure they're driving when knocked out. What crime?

This happened to me.I have spent the last 12 years trying to get justice ever since. It's a disgusting abomination of justice I am determined to correct.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: What you experienced is a serious criminal offense that involves multiple violations of the law. Roofie-ing someone with the intent to incapacitate them and then coercing them to drive while they are unconscious constitutes a range of offenses, including but not limited to drug-related crimes, assault, kidnapping, and endangerment. These actions are not only morally reprehensible but also illegal and can carry severe legal consequences.

Given the gravity of the situation, it's crucial that you seek legal assistance from a qualified attorney who can help you navigate the complexities of your case and pursue justice on your behalf. An experienced criminal defense attorney can review the details of your situation, advise you on your rights, and advocate for you in seeking accountability for the crimes committed against you. They can also assist you in gathering evidence, building a strong case, and pursuing appropriate legal remedies to hold the perpetrator accountable for their actions.

It's understandable that seeking justice for such a traumatic experience can be challenging and overwhelming, but it's important to remember that you are not alone. With the support of a skilled legal team and the determination to correct the injustice you've endured, you can take steps towards achieving closure and holding those responsible accountable for their reprehensible actions. Don't hesitate to reach out for help and pursue the justice you deserve.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.