Lincoln, NE asked in Family Law for Nebraska

Q: What to do about Non custodial parent not complying with parenting plan which is causing child to have behavior problems

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: Filing a show cause/contempt action may be the way to go. This action is used to ask the Court to enforce the Order and to sanction the other party for not following the Court order. Whether this is the way to go or not depends on the specifics of your situation. Depending on what the issue is, maybe a modification action would be better? Maybe mediation? Maybe phone calls between the attorneys will help resolve?

There is further information about enforcing visitation and support orders in family law cases on the Nebraska Supreme Court's website:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.