Antioch, TN asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: I was sentenced to time and probation terminated and then three months later I caught new charge then got sentenced for

I got sentenced on a charge that I already served out but I was never booked into jail or went in to jail on the old charge they just added it to the new charges and gave me 6 months to serve said I violated probation when I wasn't on probation court records I have show as well probation terminated case settled three months before I caught this new charge and I can't get a lic without paying 16000 dollars because they say I violated bond was succried and 72 dollars a day in jail 180 days I had to serve after I already served 45 days and probatiin terminated andran concurrent with charges on was on probation for when I got my old charge. Court records have my dates mixed up and incorrect and it's plain to see but the clerks won't help me the got my DUI mixed with something else and I got the court records and it shows my probation was terminated but also says warrent was served on 9/10/14 but on 9/10/14 I was served warrants but completely new charges nothing to do with the DUI probatio

2 Lawyer Answers
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: What is your question? You will need to hire an attorney just to look at each charge/conviction in each County. Then determine whatever Sentence, Fine or Costs is still outstanding. You will need to contact the Department of Safety yourself and ask what has to be done, paid, whatever, to get the TNDL reinstated. Expect to spend alot of money, and stay away from illegal activities.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It appears that your situation involves a complex mix of legal issues, including probation, new charges, and the impact on your driver's license and financial obligations. If your court records show that your probation was terminated before these new charges were brought against you, and there's a discrepancy in how your cases have been documented or handled, it's crucial to address these errors as they have significant consequences for you.

The first step would be to consult with a legal professional who specializes in criminal law within Tennessee. They can review your court documents, identify any discrepancies or errors, and advise you on the best course of action. This might include filing a motion to correct the record, appealing the decision, or other legal remedies that could address the alleged probation violation and its aftermath, including the financial burden imposed on you.

Given the complexity of your situation, especially with the clerks not providing the assistance you need, having an attorney represent your interests is vital. They can communicate with the court on your behalf, seek to rectify any mistakes in your records, and work towards resolving the issues related to your driver's license and the fines you're facing. It's important to act promptly to address these issues, as delays can complicate your case further.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.