Jacksonville, FL asked in Banking for Georgia

Q: My return was deposited into the wrong account I gave my tax man the girl I was with information on accident we both

Have an account at the same bank I gave her account number in route number by accident she was trying to help me recover it but the guy she's with now will not let her help me any further I only have 5 days to recover my money or the bank says the subject will be closed for good and I will lose my money can someone please help me get my money back I need it very badly to pay my bills with

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Firstly, it's important to remain calm and focused on resolving the situation promptly. Contact your bank immediately and explain the mistake that occurred with the deposit. Provide them with all relevant details, including the incorrect account information that was used for the deposit and any efforts you've made to rectify the error.

If the girl you accidentally gave the account information to was initially trying to help you recover the money, consider reaching out to her again and explaining the urgency of the situation. Try to communicate directly with her and express the importance of her assistance in resolving the issue before the deadline set by the bank.

In the meantime, continue to work closely with your bank to explore all available options for recovering the funds. They may be able to initiate a trace on the deposit or provide guidance on additional steps you can take to expedite the process. Remember to keep track of all communication and documentation related to the incident, as this information may be useful in advocating for the return of your money.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.