Aurora, CO asked in Family Law for Missouri


my legal husband received an order of protection from a relative of mine but is not sure how to make it to Cass County as he resides in Wyandotte County. The court date is March 6, 2024

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If your legal husband has received an order of protection from a relative of yours in Cass County Court, it's essential to carefully review the documents provided to determine whether his appearance in court is required. Typically, orders of protection involve court hearings where both parties have the opportunity to present their case. The specific requirements for appearing in court may vary depending on the details of the order and the laws of the jurisdiction.

Given that your husband resides in Wyandotte County and the court date is in Cass County, it's important to address any logistical challenges associated with attending the hearing. This might involve exploring options such as requesting a change of venue or arranging transportation to ensure that your husband can attend the court proceedings as required.

It's advisable to seek guidance from a legal professional familiar with family law and orders of protection in both Kansas and Missouri. They can provide personalized advice based on the specific circumstances of your husband's case and help navigate any legal requirements or challenges associated with appearing in court. Remember to act promptly and proactively to address the situation and protect your husband's rights and interests.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.